Saturday 23 May 2009

Sewing at Last!


I love surfing the web, looking for ideas for things I can try, as I like learning. I have a lot of favourite blogs, which I visit every day. I was really tickled with the above picture and tutorial at http://rachel-griffith.blogspot.com/ Rachel has some really nice ideas, and she very kindly allowed me to show you the picture above, from her tutorial, here   











 I have already cut out squares of paper in varying sizes, to use up some of my strings, but the ones I am working on are 1.5 inches. I am using up a bunch of scraps I won in a giveaway a while ago from Artgirl (see http://www.colorfulartgirl.blogspot.com/ The scraps are wonderful! Beautiful colours, and I am having fun!! The second and third pictures show some of the blocks I have got done. Only the black cotton is consistantly the same size, the rest are random cut.
Thanks Rachel and Leah for the inspiration!
tich

2 comments:

  1. you are more than welcome.
    i like how you are using black.
    i can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel has great ideas and she's very generous too. I've never made string blocks but I sure like how they look. Another thing to add to the
    "make someday list"

    ReplyDelete