Thursday 31 December 2009

Christmas and New Year


There is not much sewing going on around here, only a little by hand, so nothing really to show. I thought I would let you see some of my Christmas decorations, that I have made over the years. I usually put up a lot of wall hangings, but for some reason, I did not do that this year. I only put up the one shown above, which is my husband's favourite.


I have also included two pictures of us enjoying Christmas with our daft dog, Penny. I have on my hat, which I made for the Women's Institute Christmas hat competition. I got second prize.

We had our own turkey this year. We raised seven, and we will be having another for New Year.

I do hope you have a wonderful New Year and that all your dreams are fulfilled.

Thankful Thoughts

Turkey with streaky bacon roasted on top tastes wonderful!!

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful to see your smiling face and such a good photo of you and your husband. Your hat is a hoot too! That turkey looks pretty large and I bet home grown ones taste so much better, just like our home grown beef do.

    Happy New Year!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just looked at the photos again - your quilt is beautiful and the points are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your wall hanging and hats!!!

    Turkey sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete