Thursday 23 February 2012

Last Update

This is the last update from last year (thank goodness I hear!)


My husband and I go to a Lunch Club for over fifties once a fortnight in the Community School. Once a month we get a speaker after the lunch, and at Christmas we have a slap up Christmas meal and a party. For the last couple of years I have written a sketch and my friends Irene and Jim help my husband and I 'perform' (if you can call it that!) This year Irene was given two saris from a lady, who was seriously ill. We based the skit on the poem 'The Green Eye of the Yellow God' and generally had a right carry on. We did not get pictures on the day, but dressed up again, so that we could send the pictures to the lady who was ill. You can see my daft husband dressed up as the Major. Unfortunately the 'Colonel' could not come.








I told you in this post about my adventures at the Burns night on the island, at the end of January. I got my picture taken and here it is in the paper -

Well, I think I have blethered long enough. The wind has risen again, but the dog needs a walk before I go to bed. Think I will have a read, before I tackle the elements.
Till next time.
tich

6 comments:

  1. It always looks like you are having so much fun! Good for you. Your island must be a hopping in-place to be with all the doins. Super. Fun pics... thanks 4 sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always looks like you are having so much fun! Good for you. Your island must be a hopping in-place to be with all the doins. Super. Fun pics... thanks 4 sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It always looks like you are having so much fun! Good for you. Your island must be a hopping in-place to be with all the doins. Super. Fun pics... thanks 4 sharing.
    [i've tried to publish this 4 times... this is my last try...lol]

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like it was a fun evening. Interesting to read your adventures. Sounds like what you call a "slap up" dinner is what we call a "pot luck" dinner where everyone that attends brings one or two dishes to share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rosemary, I am still in Tassie, just over a second scare with cancer. I am free of it thought. Been in a bad place. but have just been to a retreat, with 30 other ladies who have and are where I am . So uplifting. So I am crawling out f the fog and becoming alive again. Just wanted to let you know. I havent forgotten you. I think of you often Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy looking at your site! I think your husband looked rather dapper in the picture. I really enjoy your sheep. I have thought they would b nice. I live in Alabama in the US.

    Kindly,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete