Thursday 21 March 2013

No Tangle Embroidery and September 18th 2014!!

You will remember this is the BOM 'Harrington & Hannah' which was given out free last year on the Raspberry Rabbits website. Click here and scroll down if you have missed any of the patterns or instructions. There is even a pattern for a cute rabbity postcard there as well. I have been trying to catch up with the blocks and have had my embroidery threads out. I want to thank one of the ladies who sent me such lovely gifts after my sister died. Unfortunately my computer died recently and I lost the database with all the details and addresses of the people who were so kind to send me such lovely goodies. One lady sent me this -

Two beautiful bundles of embroidery threads.

Look at the colours!!

Scrumptious!!

I can't make up my mind which one I like best!! Warm and wonderful, or ... 
...cool and cute!!
When I was at college studying embroidery, I was taught this trick to stop all the threads tangling up into an unmanageable mess.

 Fold the threads in half, to form a manageable length for embroidering (this bundle is just a perfect length for this). 
Cut!!
 Wrap a small piece of embroidery thread firmly round the cut end and knot. The hank of threads now has to be pleated . If you do not have anybody to hold onto one end (my husband was mucking out the horses) ...
 ... hang the hank on a hook where you hang your mugs (you can see some of mine 'hanging about'!)
Centering the hank on the hook, pleat those luscious threads together.
 Hold the end firmly... 
 ... and wrap another small piece of thread firmly round the end. Knot.
 To extract a thread, hold the end, pull out a thread slowly.
   
 No tangles...
... just beautiful threads!! (I did not bad photographing one-handed!)
When I was at college, using a lot of different threads, I used to cut lengths of the various threads, tie and pleat them as above. This meant I did not have to carry loads of embroidery skeins around with me, and I certainly had no tangles.
And

Devolution for Scotland!

545 days to go!!

September 18th 2014!!

Vote YES!!!!!!!!
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

Till next time.
tich

1 comment:

  1. I hardly ever embroidery but this is such a great idea I will try to remember the next time.

    ReplyDelete